Wednesday 30 January 2013

Foamy Fest 2013 Warm Up


Sorry for the lack of photos of me actually surfing,  it’s the hardest place ever to get shots, got loads of me standing with big boards tho! 

Reet got a funny story (mite be a cringe name drop in it tho!)... I haven't drunk since i've been here so me and Tyree decided to go out to Turtle Bay for a beer, a few drinks in we get chatting to this guy who says ‘we are going to surf pipe it’s a full moon’, so we thought fuck it lets go with them, even if we don't surf, just to have a few beers at their place. It turns out their place is Jamie O'Brien's place. You would think Jamie would probably have the sickest pipe quiver ever but no not tonight, if pipe isn't hard enough in the daylight we are going to surf on foamys!. Me, Jamie and his pal paddle out and Tyree tandems out to watch from the channel. The first set comes thru, Tyree get's a 4ft lip on the head, Jamie switch foots a barrel, and he has to pick Tyree on the inside,  I didn't make it, but I had one of my better pipe waves all winter spat out on a foamy! 



Bright Nights in the 808
Evening Pipe



No comments:

Post a Comment